Thursday 7 March 2013

Alexander Wang for Balenciaga

I've had a classic 'I need to take to my blog about this!' moment with Alexander Wang's first collection for Balenciaga. I love it to bits, its everything that I expected from the collection and so much more. However, the press/general internet seem to have mostly lukewarm feelings towards it.

It has the firmly Wang influence of amazing and unexpected tailoring and cuts but in a more mature way that fits the legacy and atmosphere of Balenciaga. I think some expected him to bring a carbon copy of his own line to Balenciaga but I'm just not sure it would have worked. Other are perhaps just still nursing their wounds from the departure of Nicolas Ghesquière whose amazing collection some felt   could not be bettered. However, Alexander Wang's collection has taken Balenciaga in a really fresh direction and I'm looking forwards to seeing what is in store for the future.



All images from Style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment