Wednesday 26 September 2012

NYFW/LFW Favourites

Mary Katrantzou (LFW)



It has become pretty much a given that Mary Katrantzou will be featured in my favourites. She has never done a collection that I've disliked and I fell for S/S13 hard. I love the exotic stamp theme that runs throughout it and the odd structures to some of the dresses.

Lacoste (NYFW)



I'm not usually one for sports wear but this was by far one of my favourite collections from NYFW. I love the repeat pattern sports detailing on some of the pieces, especially the polo shirt print and the simple outfits. It seems I love the two extremes: crazy structures (Mary Katrantzou, Vivienne Westwood etc) or just really simple like this Lacoste collection. The splashes of cobalt blue throughout the collection went well against the crisp clean white.

3.1 Phillip Lim (NYFW)



Dungarees are that one item I've always secretly wished I could get away with. So when these wonderful pink creations graced the catwalk at 3.1 Phillip Lim I was over the moon. I'm also quite taken with the floral word t-shirts, they remind me a bit of the craze for Frankie Goes to Hollywood style 'RELAX' t-shirts that were everywhere in 2006 but in a good way.

Mulberry (LFW)



Didn't like the ochre leather at the start of the collection (for some reason it reminds me of the 1970s, in the worst way possible) but as it went on it just got better and better. I'm really into tailoring at the moment and can't seem to get enough of the metallic brocades that are popping up everwhere. There is a rather lovely pair of metallic brocade cigarette trousers in Topshop at the moment that are tempting me...

House of Holland (LFW)



I loved the House of Holland collection so much. It feels a lot more grown up than any of his previous collections but there were still elements of his trademark bursts of youthful fun. This dye tie was a particular highlight for me and I am desperate for it to trickle down into the highstreet!

What have been your favourite collections from the recent fashion weeks?

All images: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment